How to install an update using Fastboot mode on Xiaomi devices
Like with Recovery mode, installing system updates using Fastboot also requires a PC, however, you also need an unlocked bootloader for this to work, alongside these steps (click here if your device is not unlocked):
- Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
- Select your preferred MIUI ROM version from the list and download the corresponding files. Be sure to check if the suffix of the ROM file is .tgz. If not, rename it to .tgz.
- Turn off your Xiaomi device and press the Volume + Power buttons simultaneously to enter into Fastboot mode. Connect the device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Double click on the downloaded ROM file and decompress it.
- Open the file folder for the decompressed package and copy its path on your computer.
- Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in .
- Double click on it to install on your PC.
- When the installation is done, open MiFlash.exe
- In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file copied in.
- Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh and Mi Flash will automatically recognize your device.
- Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Sit back and watch the progress bar inside Mi Flash turn fully green, implying that the new system update has been successfully installed on your device.
- Your device will automatically boot to the new software version.
Update Phone via OTA if Updater App Fails to Update
Requirements: Work With Mi Suit
- Make sure you are login with MI account on your smartphone.
- A latest update should be available to install on your handset.
- The charging percentage should be more than 80% to avoid unnecessary power-off in-between the procedure.
- Procedure to Update Xiaomi Phone via OTA if Updater App fails to Update:
- Step 1: Download and install MI PC Suite on your PC/laptop.
- Step 2: Now make a valid connection between your smartphone and PC with the help of Xiaomi standard USB cable. Once the device is connected, all the files will be display on your PC.
- Step 3: Tap on ‘Update’ from the MI PC Suite to confirm that there is new update available for your device. If you see a latest update available, then you can proceed to the next step by closing the Firmware updates window without updating.
- Step 4: Next open settings in MI PC Suite and then open settings in Mi PC suite UI.
- Step 5: Now select storage option from settings and open the download folder. There you will find ‘ROM’ folder which contains the full ROM files of your particular handset.
- Step 6: You need to go back to folder MiPhoneManager where you will find list of various folders. There you will find a folder called “OTA” which download and saves various OTA files at the time of update.
- Step 7: Leave the folder and go to MI PC Suite and select update again from the options. Now start the update process and then switch back to OTA folder which you have minimized in step 6.
- Step 8: Open OTA folder and notice that the files will be in a Td and cfg extension when the update process is running in MI PC Suite. As soon done with the process, the Td and cfg file extension will be converted to .zip file extension.
- Step 9: Now copy these files to your PC and later transfer to the storage of your Xiaomi handset. Now you can flash the latest firmware using the Updater App or else you can also install from the Mi recovery.
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.13 .PFGMIXM for Redmi Note 7 Pro
Features of MIUI 10.3.13 Update
The features of this ROM are discussed below and if more option will be added in the Global Stable Version, you can also find them here.
1. Lock screen, status bar, and notification shade
The height of the status bar has been changed now it is equal to the height now notch.
2. Game Speed Booster
Now you can add games to Game Speed Booster to increase the performance of the games you want to play. Also, during gameplay, you will get several options like sharing option. There is also a Screen Record option if you want to record your game for any purpose like YouTube.
In settings, the app section has been changed and it got a new structure and some app icons which were not displayed accurately in the previous version now works fine.
4. Improved RAM Management
RAM Management has been improved. Now it can give you better performance than previous of MIUI 10.
There were some issues in a clock like it gets closed automatically sometimes. this issue has been resolved now.
6. Transparent Wallpaper
This feature has been now officially added to this Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 10.3.13.0
You will not get dark mode in this Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 10.3.13 Update. Also, no 4K Support, PUBG in HD Graphics or Camera-2-API options are added and MIUI 10.3.13 Update is still based on Android Oreo.
MIUI 10.3.13.0 Redmi Note 7 Pro
MIUI 10.3.13.0 Redmi Note 7 Pro This update is currently available only for China Redmi Note 7 Pro soon it will be release for Global Version Also. This update Contain Many New Features Along With UI design Update Mi Credit App Battery Performance Camera Improvement latest Security patch.
Download Link MIUI 10.3.13.0 Redmi Note 7 Pro
|India||OTA Soon||Full Rom Download|