How to Download MI Unlock Tool
How to Download MI Unlock Tool To unlock Bootloader. Full Tutorial to Guide you How to Umlock Boot Loader Without Any risk
Please follow the steps below to Unlock MI Device
- Download the Mi Unlock app to PC, and sign in with your Mi Account.
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable and click “Unlock”.
- For those who have bricked their device, do visit the nearest service center to repair your phone. You can’t add the Mi account in the settings the device is not bootable/ boot loop.
- For Android One users, please check out unlocking tutorial in your device subforum. You don’t have to go through the procedures mentioned here.
- *Bind your Mi account and remember not to logout your Mi account from your device. Do manage your Mi account details here: https://account.xiaomi.com/
Unlocking Bootloader Procedure
- Check device working fine means (not in bricked, softbricked, bootloop state) because you need to add the Mi account in the settings.
- Your PC need some drivers and you’re on latest official MIUI ROM before you start to unlock.
- Settings— About phone— MIUI Version (Keep tapping it to enable developer option).
- Settings— Additional settings— Developer option and fill approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status.
- Log into the Mi account which you unlocking permission on your device.
- When you logged into the Mi Unlock Tool, ap on the top right gear icon to check the update for both USB driver and Mi Unlock Tool. Make sure you’re running the latest version.
- Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume – button at the same time to enter bootloader mode.
- Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device to the PC using USB cable.
- Press ‘Unlock’ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock successfully.
Waiting Time to unlock the Boot Loader
You will see the timer in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock successfully, you’ll see this sentence “Couldn’t unlock the device after XXXX hours” which actually means “Please unlock after XXX hours.”
Do not log out the approved Mi account from your phone. Otherwise, the timer will be reset and you gotta spend more time waiting again.
Use another PC (64-bit) to unlock if MI Unlock Tool fails to detect your device/ unknown error. If you see Couldn’t verify, please wait a minute or two/ No Network/86012/20091 ” related errors when adding Mi Account in Mi Unlock Status.
How to fix error while Unlocking
- Logout your current Mi account from your phone.
- After that reboot your phone.
- Then, add and bind the account again at the developer settings— Mi Unlock Tool so that the error is reproduced.
- Once the error message is shown, head towards dialer and dial *#*#284#*#*. The process will take a few minutes, once the Bug Log has been generated, locate and find them in File Explorer–Internal Storage–MIUI–debug_log– Zip file with date and time.
Why did Mi lock the bootloader for Mi devices?
As you all know Mi is an international brand. It’s only in few countries currently. So it’s difficult for users from countries where Mi is not officially sold to buy Mi phones. So people buying from an unofficial re seller most of the time. But some of them get fake Mi phones. Some time Mi phones with unofficial ROM loaded with bloatware.
Some people lost there Mi phones or stolen, the person who got the device could easily flash a new ROM into it, and makes it almost impossible for our users to get their phones back. This is just because safety of user.
Based on the above two reasons, MI decided to lock the bootloader. Now Mi Cloud’s ‘Find Device’ function, and adjusted system update’s verifying logic. By these combined methods, user data can be better protected, and user experience can also be improved.
How to check whether the bootloader is locked/unlocked?
- The unlocker tool will show the message of “Unlocked”.
- An “Unlocked” word will be shown when booting.
- Advanced users can check the bootloader status via cmd
Some Question that people ask? About How to Download MI Unlock Tool
Flashing full ROM in unlocked bootloader will lock the bootloader again?
No, the bootloader will remain unlocked unless you choose clean all and lock option during fastboot.
The unlocking procedure will need Internet access to get the unlocking password. Also, the Mi Account logged in on the Mi phone and the unlocking tool needs to be the same. Otherwise, the unlocking request will be denied. This will ensure that ill-intentioned people will not get access to your personal data.
What will change after locking bootloader?
- Locking bootloader will not affect normal OTA updates.
- ROOT will be disabled if the user has enabled it before. Enabling ROOT will need to unlock bootloader.
- Recovery mode is changed. Updating via Recovery will need to use Mi PC Suite.
- Devices with locked bootloader cannot update using Miflash. Users need to unlock bootloader if they want to flash Fastboot ROMs.
What is the risk of Unlocking Bootloader
After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
Some features which require high security level (e.g., Find device, added-value services, etc.) will no longer be available.
- How to Download MI Unlock Tool To unlock Bootloader
- How to install ADB Setup
- How to make MI Account
- How to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download Latest Version of Official TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 5 Pro whyred
- Google Installer 3.0 APK Download for Android