Based on the above two reasons, MI decided to lock the bootloader. Now Mi Cloud’s ‘Find Device’ function, and adjusted system update’s verifying logic. By these combined methods, user data can be better protected, and user experience can also be improved.
How to check whether the bootloader is locked/unlocked?
- The unlocker tool will show the message of “Unlocked”.
- An “Unlocked” word will be shown when booting.
- Advanced users can check the bootloader status via cmd
Some Question that people ask? About How to Download MI Unlock Tool
Flashing full ROM in unlocked bootloader will lock the bootloader again?
No, the bootloader will remain unlocked unless you choose clean all and lock option during fastboot.
The unlocking procedure will need Internet access to get the unlocking password. Also, the Mi Account logged in on the Mi phone and the unlocking tool needs to be the same. Otherwise, the unlocking request will be denied. This will ensure that ill-intentioned people will not get access to your personal data.
What will change after locking bootloader?
- Locking bootloader will not affect normal OTA updates.
- ROOT will be disabled if the user has enabled it before. Enabling ROOT will need to unlock bootloader.
- Recovery mode is changed. Updating via Recovery will need to use Mi PC Suite.
- Devices with locked bootloader cannot update using Miflash. Users need to unlock bootloader if they want to flash Fastboot ROMs.
What is the risk of Unlocking Bootloader
After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
Some features which require high security level (e.g., Find device, added-value services, etc.) will no longer be available.
- How to Download MI Unlock Tool To unlock Bootloader
- How to install ADB Setup
- How to make MI Account
- How to unlock bootloader Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download Latest Version of Official TWRP Recovery For Redmi Note 5 Pro whyred
- Google Installer 3.0 APK Download for Android